Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 83 year old father refuses to sleep (actually fights it),

Customer Question
hostile, trashes each room thinking...
My 83 year old father refuses to sleep (actually fights it), hostile, trashes each room thinking he's improving it better. Remembers and constantly talks about events that happened 30-40 years ago. This happens once a year and lasts approximately 3 months. After that, all he does is sleep 10-15 hours a day for about 1 month then he's back to normal until it starts all over again next year.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/22/2015
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
How about his recently memory?
Does he remember what he ate in the breakfast or any recent events?
Does he have any other medical problems?
Is he on any medications for anything?
Has he been seen for this?
Any tests done?
Please let me know.