Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Actually I have a contract with fitness center. But due to…

Customer Question
Actually I have a contract...
Actually I have a contract with fitness center. But due to this knee problem I have avoided going there. Is any letter from the doctor suffice to break my contract with fitness center otherwise self will be keep on paying even if not using their services in view of 12-month contact.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/22/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello--

A) I would think that a letter from your doctor outlining your knee injury and restrictions would allow you an out from the contract with the fitness center ( it may depend on clauses which may have been in contract if you signed one as part of this deal)

B) Depending on the nature and severity of the knee injury you may be able to take partial advantage of the exercise center . You want to avoid leg pressed and knee bends ( especially plus weights )Avoid any stair climbers

you may benefit from upper body resistance equipment...you may benefit from a stationary bike ( depends on the injury ) that would be non weight bearing and limited range of motion.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD