Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Trying to figure out why I have pain between apple and

Customer Question
trying to figure out why...
trying to figure out why I have pain between adams apple and juglar notch the pain only occurs when I place my head all the way back. When my head is all the way back and I press in that area the pain gets worse. The pain doesn't come unless I put my head back. I have no symptoms of any lumps or bumps. What can this be? It feels like a sharp pain and I would like to know if this can be something serious. This has been going on fore a few weeks now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
6/22/2015
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello]

Manipulating it can make it worse.

It is impossible to say what this is without exam, at least not exactly...and you need an exam.

It can be muscle strain, ligament strain, or a problem in the cervical spine.

Exam and possible MRI if indicated by exam are needed.

Yes a tumor could do this, but it would be very large, and usually obvious.

Given that the pain is just with a specific movement: most likely is musculoskeletal.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Family Physician, Doctor