Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Trying to figure out why I have pain between adams apple and

Customer Question

trying to figure out why I have pain between adams apple and juglar notch the pain only occurs when I place my head all the way back. When my head is all the way back and I press in that area the pain gets worse. The pain doesn't come unless I put my head back. I have no symptoms of any lumps or bumps. What can this be? It feels like a sharp pain and I would like to know if this can be something serious. This has been going on fore a few weeks now
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello]Manipulating it can make it worse. It is impossible to say what this is without exam, at least not exactly...and you need an exam. It can be muscle strain, ligament strain, or a problem in the cervical spine. Exam and possible MRI if indicated by exam are needed. Yes a tumor could do this, but it would be very large, and usually obvious.Given that the pain is just with a specific movement: most likely is musculoskeletal. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.