How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been Taking High Doses of Xanax and Klonopin

Customer Question

I have been Taking High Doses of Xanax and Klonopin for roughly 8 years. I am disables and do not drive. I have had a TBI many years ago and besides Intractable Pain I also have severe Anxiety. My Pain Specialist no longer prescribes Benzodiazepines or ADD medications. They say we must see a PC Doctor which I have not had in 5 years. My Doctor is weaning me down extremely fast, 6 weeks. I talked to a Psychiatrist who said it would take at least 6 months. Already I am feeling Anxious and highly irratable. Will you Prescribe xanax to me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You are suggesting that we, and you, commit a felony.
In addition, trying to do this will get you black listed from your pharmacies.
We answer medical questions.
A PC doc IS the option.
We are very clear on the site as to what we do.
Do you have something I can help you with?