DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I was diagnosed with sepsis and had a psa of 76. Afterwards

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with sepsis and had a psa of 76. Afterwards they said it was a urinary tract infection. I have had 2 psa test since then with the latest score at 2.75 doc seems to think there is nothing wrong however my prostate is still swollen and hurts.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
It is most likely BPH
Benign prostatic hypertropy.
See a urologist.
Have that doctor measure a free PSA which will give a more accurate account of what is going on.
A prostate ultrasound might be in order as well.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here