Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I take 1 mg of Klonopin bid for panic/anxiety attacks. My…

Customer Question
I take 1 mg of...
I take 1 mg of Klonopin bid for panic/anxiety attacks. My son was diagnosed chronically ill and my husband may have Lymphoma . Because of this stress, I can't eat or sleep and my Anxiety is through the roof. I took I or 2 more @ night to sleep so I have run out early. What can I take to help with the withdrawals until I get my RX refilled
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/21/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you should have let your doctor who was prescribing your klonopin that you were taking one or two more a night because your anxiety symptoms were worse.
the adult recommended dose for klonopin can be 0.5 to 2mg two to three times a day for anxiety symptoms.
you have to call up your doctor who is prescribing this to you to let them know
you can also try going to the ER and explaining to them you have severe anxiety and have run out of your klonopin. they could give you a short 5 day emergency prescription of klonopin until you are able to see your doctor again.
have you tried to call up your doctor yet?