Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had Botox 5 days ago. Day 3 I noticed my brows drooping.

Customer Question
I had Botox 5 days...
I had Botox 5 days ago. Day 3 I noticed my brows drooping. Surprisingly both sides are symmetrical and it is worse in the inner eyelid area. I understand it can take up to 2 to 3 weeks for full effect to show as my wrinkles are still quite prevalent. Will this (I have read so many different opinions) look better in a couple of weeks or should I call and go back to my Dermatologist before my 3 week check? I waited 3 months as he is highly rated here, but I know results aren't guaranteed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/20/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
I understand your concern.
Botox can cause paralysis of the eyebrow muscles initially.
But this should gradually improve as the time goes by.
Since this is symmetrical, should not be concerning.
You can take megadose vitamin B12 and B6 to help with the recovery.
B12 2000 mcg and B6 50 mg daily.
You can also discuss with your dermatologist.
You should see good improvement in 3 weeks.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****