Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a severe bee allergy. I carry 3 epipens at all times.

Customer Question
I have had several rides...
I have a severe bee allergy. I carry 3 epipens at all times. I have had several rides in ambulance.each time is getting worse. The last 2 times the ambulance crew thought they were gonna lose me. Is there a way to extract the bee venmon from my body?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
I went thru 3 1/2 years of bee injections from allergy specialists. This only made reaction worse when u get stung. My organs swell from inside
6/19/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
there is no way to extract been venom from your body
but you can get shots to help desensitize you to the bee venom over time
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8703250
is an article about it.
it sounds like you have gotten shots before.
you might need steroids to help suppress your immune system when you have these bee stings.
you might have to try to find a clinical trail studying patients with severe bee allergies
let me know if you have questions.