Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has swimmers ear. What is the best remedy for…

Customer Question
My daughter has swimmers ear...
My daughter has swimmers ear. What is the best remedy for this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/19/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
best thing to do is to see a pediatrician and have them look inside of her ear
if she has an infection of her external ear canal, she might need antibiotic ear drops like cipro ear drops to help clear up a bacterial external ear canal infection
if there is no ear infection, she might benefit from swimmer alcohol ear drops to help dry up the water in her ears from swimming. these are over the counter.
but do see a doctor who can look in her ears to check for infection
let me know if you have questions.
do you have any other questions?