DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have been taking dicyclomine past week

Customer Question

Hi I have been taking dicyclomine for IBS for the past week or two before really knowing if my gastritis was healed or not. And recently have been feeling bad abdominal pain even after taking the antispasmodic dicyclomine. I also took an acid reducer omeprazole at the same time as the antispasmodic on Tues. When I told this to my gastrointrologist on wed he just put me back on my previous treatment sucralafate. Should I leep it up? Cause I still feel pain even after I take it. Please answer and help me!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
You can actually take omeprazole, dicyclomine and sucralfate for your symptoms.
There is no interaction between these three and you can continue taking them if they help you with your symptoms.
Considering your symptoms I would continue with omeprazole and dicyclomine as well as far as I am concerned.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Kind regards
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
I have a different answer for you.
YOu need a breath test for h pylori.
This bacteria can cause gastritis.
without the correct antibiotics, if you have this, it will not clear up.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had an endoscopy and my gastrointrologist sent a tissue sample to the lab to see if it was bacterial and he told me it wasn't
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Then you do not have as big a problem.
Your IBS and your other problems are ultimately going to come down to dietary management.
Please tell me what you eat on a typical day, meal to meal