How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65275
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have toxic fumes entering my home from where I do not

Customer Question

I have toxic fumes entering my home from where I do not know. I am experiencing numbness of the lip up at my throat and feet. How can I determine what the fumes are. How can I determine what the fumes are.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Usually the toxic fumes can be either sulfur or carbon monoxide.
The fumes are caused by the burning of carbon products.
Your blood carbon monoxide level should be checked as high level of carbon monoxide an cause tingling numbness, mental confusion, headaches.
You can consult with a neurologist as well.
Please try to contact your state department on environmental pollution.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what a "state department is".
To find out what is going on, which was your question....
And I assume you have been tested as you said.
The house needs to be tested.
This would be from an indoor air quality expert.
IT is the health department that would be concerned.
Let me know your city and state and I will help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The EPA would be the state department concerned with pollution and environmental protection.
This would be if there were a public situation that was involving regulatory problems.
Sorry, your post interrupted my edit.
Please click a positive.
Please let me know where you are, and I will try to find someone to measure your home for VOCs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I told you I did you I did all the above, so this was no help to me. This is not acceptable you did not answer my-question I do not want too pay for this answer.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This is the second expert
YOu did not have an air quality HVAC specialist test your house, according to your first post.
Or did you?
What type of company