Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have toxic fumes entering my home from where I do not

Customer Question
know. I am experiencing numbness...
I have toxic fumes entering my home from where I do not know. I am experiencing numbness of the lip up at my throat and feet. How can I determine what the fumes are. How can I determine what the fumes are.?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/18/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Usually the toxic fumes can be either sulfur or carbon monoxide.
The fumes are caused by the burning of carbon products.
Your blood carbon monoxide level should be checked as high level of carbon monoxide an cause tingling numbness, mental confusion, headaches.
You can consult with a neurologist as well.
Please try to contact your state department on environmental pollution.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
I don't know what a "state department is".
To find out what is going on, which was your question....
And I assume you have been tested as you said.
The house needs to be tested.
This would be from an indoor air quality expert.
IT is the health department that would be concerned.
Let me know your city and state and I will help.
The EPA would be the state department concerned with pollution and environmental protection.
This would be if there were a public situation that was involving regulatory problems.
Sorry, your post interrupted my edit.
Please click a positive.
Please let me know where you are, and I will try to find someone to measure your home for VOCs
I told you I did you I did all the above, so this was no help to me. This is not acceptable you did not answer my-question I do not want too pay for this answer.
Hi
This is the second expert
YOu did not have an air quality HVAC specialist test your house, according to your first post.
Or did you?
What type of company