DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Im experiencing tingly feet which is spreading daily... i

Customer Question

im experiencing tingly feet which is spreading daily...
i went to ER last night...complete blood test and CATScan were good but I noticed my MOno abs were hi at .66. They don't kno what is wrong with me. Said it could be onset of MS. Want me to see neaurologist.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Thanks for requesting me.
These are not MS symptoms.
Your monocytes are not significantly elevated and not indicative of anything, orther than possibly a viral infection.
Guillian Barre is the first thing to rule out if this keeps going up your body and if you start getting any muscle weakness.
However, most often this sensation can be from:
anxiety
diabetes
heavy metals
B vitamin deficiency
hidden infection.
autoimmune problems
lower spine problems, such as with discs.
other problems such as iron deficiency.
Idiopathic neuropathy.
So, a full work up and exam are needed.
Neurology is fine. Internal medicine can do this as well.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have told me nothing I don't already know from research on web...I know this is difficult to diagnose but I am at a loss since the earliest I can see a neurologist is Monday. What can I do to help relieve this numbness from growing or understand why it is happening? Will it go away or will it travel to my organs and they too stop working correctly?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Anything I can tell you will be found on the internet, almost anything.
You can't really do anything until you know the cause.
your over the counter choices are tylenol, advil or alleve.
There is no way to predict , without the testing I mentioned, what this numbness is going to do. Three possibilities.
It progresses
It stays the same
It diminishes or goes away.
To do something about it, you have to know a cause.
For example, diabetes, lyrica, a prescription medicine.
For example, heavy metals chelation.
B vitamin deficiency, replacement.
Neuropathy, EMG or MRI....and so on.
Other deficiency, replacement.
You seem to be asking how you can further diagnose it youself, you can not.
Consideration of all the possibilities I first mentioned, with corresponding exam and lab tests, are needed.