How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29168
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a severe back problem diagnooisted as bone density

Customer Question

I have a severe back problem diagnooisted as bone density and have been aasked to see a endocrinologist, why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
That means you have severe bone loss.
This is unusual for your age.
This can be caused by the excessive activities from a small gland called parathyroid gland.
This is located around your neck close to the thyroid gland.
Excessive parathyroid hormones leach away calcium from the bones making them weak and prone to the fractures.
Hence, further work up is necessary.
If confirmed, you will need surgery to remove these glands.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****