How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a very embarrassing noisy gut, I am 65 yrs old and

Customer Question

I have a very embarrassing noisy gut, I am 65 yrs old and have had this problem since I had a hysterectomy when I was 47. Is there anything I can take to stop the rumblings and get rid of wind that gurgles and makes this horrible noise. I am too scared of going to the dentist or meetings at work for fear of my stomach noises.I call it NGS (noisy gut syndrome)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Do you have any other medical problems?
Have you tried using anything for this as yet?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't take medication except Macu-vision and Magnesium but the problem was there before I started these tablets. I don't have any medical problems except I suffer from anxiety from time to time. A doctor told me to use slow to digest food such as Muesli for breakfast but I don't like muesli
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I think that with your symptoms you should try the following:
Probiotics such as Lactobacillus paracasei which may help with your symptoms.
I would also like that you should use a medication to reduce acid in the stomach such as omeprazole 20 mg twice daily to see if it helps. Use it for at least four to eight weeks and more if it helps.
Also try using something to reduce gas that contains simethicone which comes by the name of Dulcogas in Australia and is over-the-counter.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kind regards