Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe ibs I take oxeycodone 15mg for pain my dr.

Customer Question
Recommend relistar injections And took me...
I have severe ibs I take oxeycodone 15mg for pain my dr. Recommend relistar injections
And took me off of dulcolax (3aday at bedtime with 3 stool softness and a cup of smooth moves. He told me to stop taking this plan and started me on relistar. I had my first shot yesterday at 11:00 (no results ) help what should I do..All I have is gas and bloat
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/16/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
Relistor is methylnaltrexone for opioid induced constipation.
if you still have constipation and don't have bowel movements once a day, I would go back on your regimen of dulcolax and stool softeners and whatever you took before to help your bowel movements.
oxycodone can be very constipating
you want to make sure you keep having bowel movements once a day
make sure you drink plenty of water and fluids as well.
do call up your doctor and let them know that the injection didn't work
let me know if you have questions.