Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

So there would be no side effects.I also take gabapentin.

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
You could have developed side effects from taking the single large dose of the citalopram, but there would not be any withdrawal symptoms related to not taking any further doses of the citalopram. If you were to have developed side effects from the citalopram taken on Friday, they would have already occurred.
The fact that you are already taking the gabapentin would not change that there would be no withdrawal symptoms from taking a single large dose of citalopram. So it also would not change that it would be fine to not take any further doses of citalopram.
Please remember to provide a positive rating for each question so that I am credited for assisting you.