Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son-in-law was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. He…

Customer Question
My son-in-law was diagnosed with...
My son-in-law was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. He is currently on a zpack and advil. He is still shivering and is running a fever and his tonsils are almost the size of quarters. Should he be seen again by medical staff or should he give it one more day on the medicine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2015
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
48 hours is when the medicine should start working.
I am concerned if he is having any problems breathing.
This would a reason to go right in.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician