Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm a 33 year old male I may have a std that never been treated

Customer Question

I'm a 33 year old male I may have a std that never been treated for a years or so , know , I also started having a (fishy gasley body odor) that I can't seem to get rid of.Its starts very strong in my legs , and nut sack area and my under arms.This body odor have affected me every were I go , I wash my body 3 times a day , and still , smell bad.I cant be in small areas air planes, or church meeting or talk to people I really need help getting my health own the right track.***@******.***,(###) ###-####
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
This is not a typical presentation for an STD.
What evaluation has been done for these symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well what do you no about the fishy odor, and stinky smells.
There are infections that can present as a bad body odor, but they are not STDs. They are minor skin infections that usually clear with antibiotics, such as cephalexin.
A fishy odor also can occur from certain metabolic conditions. There is a genetic condition that causes metabolic changes that create a fishy odor, called trimethylaminuria. It also could be related to liver or kidney dysfunction. It would require lab tests to diagnose the metabolic conditions that can cause a fishy odor.
Your doctor may have already done tests to assess for these conditions, which is why I ask about any previous evaluation. But if no such evaluation has been done, it would be appropriate for you to be seen by your doctor.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not seen a Dr. Kind of DR. should I see that could understand this fishy odor or trimethylaminuria, is there away to stop this and get back own track smelling nice and can be around people again?
You should start with your primary care physician, who can perform an initial examination and lab tests.
Treatment would depend upon which cause is identified. Antibiotics can help the skin infection. Dietary changes can help with trimethylaminuria, and may also involve interventions to alter gut absorption. If there is liver or kidney dysfunction, there would need to be further evaluation of the cause of the dysfunction.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will Colon Cleanse help also
There is no clinical evidence that Colon Cleanse would help any of these conditions, but if you have found that it helps you, there is no problem with continuing the use of it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would be the name of the Dr. OR Title or the Dr. that I can look up or Google that handle these topics? I would like to seek a Dr. but dont no what to look for.
Since there has not yet been any evaluation and it is not yet known what problem you have, it would be appropriate to see your primary care physician. Your primary care physician can then refer you to a specialist based on the initial evaluation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you
You are most welcome.
If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yES YOU HAVE A THANK YOU AGAIN
Welcome.
Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.