Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had pain in my right side under arm and back for

Customer Question
three years and it's really...
I have had pain in my right side under arm and back for three years and it's really getting old
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2015
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
Did you have a CAT scan of your spine?
Doctor: Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
My name is***** i will try to help you with your queries today.
What makes this pain to increase ? walking ? respiration ? coughing ? pressing the pain area ?
ABDOMEN CT WITH INTRAVENOUS CONTRAST:
TECHNIQUE: Multiple axial CT images of the abdomen after the administration of 100 mL of IOPAMIDOL 76 % IV SOLN intravenous contrast. Coronal images were obtained.
ADDITIONAL CLINICAL INFORMATION: None available
COMPARISON: CT August 16, 2009.
FINDINGS:
The lung bases are within normal limits.
These are the results of my CT scan
ABDOMEN:
The liver is without focal abnormality. The spleen is unremarkable. The pancreas is within normal limits. Status post cholecystectomy.
The adrenal glands are unremarkable. There are tiny bilateral renal cysts.
The retroperitoneum is unremarkable. The major vascular structures are within normal limits.
There likely are pars and articularis defects bilaterally at L5, with associated degenerative disease. No acute osseous normality.
The uterus is partially visualized.
Nothing makes it worse or better! Sometimes it subsides to a dull pain and other times it's very painful.
Nothing makes it better or worse! It is sometimes very dull and easy to ignore and then other times Its very painful
Thank you for your reply,
It seems more like a radicular pain possibly arising from the spine which may be pressing on the nerve, it is very common in women after 50 years to have such pain and most likely cause of such pain is due to weak bones, most of the patients only need pain killers like tylenol and advil, some may need more severe pain medicine like gabapentin. Physiotherapy is very important to stop the progress of the degenerative changes in the spine.
Let me know if you have questions, Thank you.
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor