Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 62-year old retired male whose -time doctor recently…

Customer Question
I am a 62-year old...
I am a 62-year old retired male whose long-time doctor recently decided that he would no longer treat patients with chronic pain.
Due to, inter alia, a problem with the disc at the bottom of the spine, and an arthritic neck which was subjected two years ago to a four-part procedure which sought to ease the neck pain by burning off the nerve endings (it failed to achieve the desired result) I had been taking five vicodin tablets per day for approximately the past five years, and four vicodin tablets per day for ten years prior to that. Now that my doctor no longer prescribes any narcotic for long-term pain management I have been without the drug for three months. A pain management specialist who I consulted with told me to take over the counter pain killers; overlooking the fact that I have pan ulcerative colititis and fatty liver disease and am prohibited from taking those substances.
Can I legally obtain vicodin over the internet? Are there still doctors in the Rochester, New York area who will still treat long-term pain with vicodin?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2015
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
Dear customer,
Please seek another doctors help because this medication can still be prescribed, but under the new law you may need to visit your doctor's office more frequently to get a prescription.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/vicodin-and-other-prescription-painkillers-will-soon-be-harder-to-get/index.htm
For a list of doctors:
http://www.vitals.com/pain-management-doctors/ny/rochester
Regarding internet you cannot legally obtain vicodin. please don't buy this medication online since those medications available online are fake products which are harmful. They may be contaminated or contain the wrong or no active ingredient. Or they could have the right active ingredient but at the wrong dose. Counterfeit drugs are illegal and are harmful to your health.
Take care.