Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have the pain in my legs and tighs specially laying

Customer Question
down.went to see a neurologist.now...
i have the pain in my legs and tighs specially laying down.went to see a neurologist.now still waiting for MRI to be approved by insurance.now what could possibly be shown by MRI?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
MRI scan could show a herniated disk causing a pinched nerve in your back causing your pain in your legs and thighs.
ice packs can help decrease swelling in your back
ibuprofen and steroid pills can sometimes help decrease swelling and help the disk go back into place
physical therapy could eventually help the disk go back into place.
make sure you take ibuprofen with food in your stomach and plenty of fluids
let me know if you have questions.