Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About a month ago I was running g the on my horse. Something…

Customer Question
About a month ago I...
About a month ago I was running g the barrels on my horse. Something I have do e for50 yrs old, in OK health but right before the 3rd barrel I felt something snap in the right check of my ó.I stayed off the horses went to a Chiropractor until this week. I rode every night I am taking 4 Advil 3xa day. UNTIL today. Going to first barrel I got about 3/4 the way to barrel and I felt it snap. It felt just like the muscle had torn away from my tail bone in my right cheek of my butt. I am in terrible pain. Don't know if I should just tough it out or what?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/7/2015
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Seems like a muscle pull or a tear.
This can take around six to eight weeks to recover completely.
Meanwhile you should continue to take anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen 400-800 mg three times daily after meals.
However, I would still prefer that you should be examined just to make sure everything is okay and to confirm the diagnosis.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Kind regards.