Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My psychiatrist said I was oversedated and so put me on

Customer Question

my psychiatrist said I was oversedated and so put me on xanax. I am now not working, and very tried. What do you think is going on?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

xanax is a benzodiazepine medication used to cause sedation and to relax patients who have excessive anxiety symptoms.

so it doesn't make sense that your psychiatrist said you were oversedated and put you on xanax

xanax is a short acting benzodiazepine

where you taking long acting benzos before like valium or klonopin (clonazepam) which would be longer acting than xanax?

do you have a history of excessive anxiety symptoms?

many issues can cause fatigue such as poor sleep at night time, snoring and sleep apnea, lack of exercise and poor physical conditioning can cause fatigue.

low iron and low thyroid hormone levels, low B12, low vitamin D can cause fatigue.

lack of exercise and poor diet can cause fatigue.

have you had blood testing to check for low iron and thyroid hormone levels?