How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been treated for chronic lower back pain since 2007.

Customer Question

Hello: I have been treated for chronic lower back pain since 2007. Currently, I am running out of my prescribed pain medication and my primary care doctor is unavailable and will be when I am out of my pain medication. I live in Sullivan County, NY and going to the emergency room at the one and only hospital is a waste of time as they believe everyone going there is a "seeker" unless their arm or leg is hanging by a tendon. I need some serious help. Your thoughts? Louis
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what your medical question is.
Can you please clarify this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to know where to go and / or who to see so I will not run out of my medication>
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure where you are, but I am in Sullivan County, NY. Today is Friday and the weekend will be even worse. I do not want to get sick nor deal with increased pain levels.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
We do not provide treatment, we answer questions.
You have to see a doctor in person for pain meds.
You will have to go to urgent care or the ER.
I am still not sure what you are asking exactly.....
It is up to your doctor, and you, to stay on a correct medication schedule.
Your doctor, if he leaves town, would typically insure that schedule with his/her medical cross coverage, and the office would have instructions for this.....