Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I use Dragon Medical dictation. Dragon offers several

Customer Question

I use Dragon Medical dictation. Dragon offers several medical note templates including a consultation template, surgical report template, etc. A text macro blurb might say for example, "the risks and benefits of cardioversion were discussed with the patient.
All questions were answered, pt. wants to proceed." I have seen a few prepared macros in cardiology and orthopedics, but I wonder if there are any larger repositories or "Medical templates or macros Library" that may offer a lot more of these prewritten examples.
I found a link to the USAFP Dragon Macro Library, however the webpage is defunct. Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
I will see what I can find...be right back.
You are correct: It seems that customer service is hard to find for this product.
That being said, my Radiologist Colleague, who uses Dragon, gave me this 800 number that she uses when she needs help with her system. I hope it will work for you:
1-***-***-****
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi, my question was whether you knew a certain user - created
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
user created Word macros, in other words canned or cloned notes. I don't think i need customer service on the product
Thank you for that additional information.
I have spoken to my resident Dragon Expert (Dr. M, radiology) and she does not have any cloned notes or templates that she uses. Dr. M thinks the program supports such "boiler plate" phrases/reports but she does not know how to set them up....
And she suggests contacting customer service.....
Of course, when it comes to being an expert on Dragons, we have to keep in mind that Dr. M has never been Knighted and probably doesn't even own a sword. ;)
These dictation programs work well but can be a bear to customize....
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I am not satisfied with your answer and I request that you pass on this question. I think a librarian may be able to answer this. Thank you m