Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to get a second opinion on my blood work. I had…

Customer Question
Good Morning! I would like to...
Good Morning!
I would like to get a second opinion on my blood work. I had mono last October and still have weakness from time to time. I went to the Doctors Monday and had some more blood work done. My B12 levels are high. 1547 And my Folate is high 18.5. i was told to stop taking any B12 vitamins which I did 3 months ago. Is there some concern here or is there something I can do to change my diet. i have not exercised since last year due to the mono and still don't have alot of energy. I just got over an ear infection which I took doxycycline. My left leg feels tingly and stretched out in the morning. More so than other mornings. could you please give some idea as to whether there might be an underlying problem going on or is this normal?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/4/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you can still get a lot of B12 and folate in your diet from B12 fortified foods like cereals and breads which can cause your levels to be high.
how old are you? are you male or female?
I hope you are eating a healthy diet of no processed foods and lots of fruits and vegetables and greens and lean protein
if you are feeling fatigued or weak, your doctor should have also checked your iron and folate levels and also vitamin D levels and thyroid hormone levels.
you should start back up to exercising again. you might start to feel better and have more energy if you start to exercise.
I hope you are not smoking
let me know if you have questions.
Thank you for your quick response. I am 61 years old and going to change my diet a little. I am a carb person so I like breads and cereals. I will try to eat more eggs and salads and fruits. Thanks again.
you are welcome
improving your diet can help your energy levels
also getting back into exercising can help
talk with your doctor about a good exercise regimen which could help you
make sure you get your iron and vitamin D and thyroid hormone levels checked.
make sure you stretch before and after exercise
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
do you have any other questions?