Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got an infection on an airplane trip. Sore throat and 101…

Customer Question
I got an infection on...
I got an infection on an airplane trip. Sore throat and 101 body temp. Lost a little bit of hearing on airplane for a day or two. Now showing signs of cold going to chest but temp is 97. Very tired.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
6/2/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Cold going to the chest is concerning.
This can be a pneumonia.
Bacterial pneumonia can persist for longer even though your initial symptoms subsided.
Tiredness suggests the infection may be more serious than initially thought.
So you need to see your doctor for clinical evalauation to rule out bacterial pneumonia which will require antibiotic if proven.
Viral infection is still possible and can linger for more than a week sometimes.
But anything persistent, should be checkedo ut by your doctor first.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist