Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Just reading about non painful spasms between my ribs and…

Customer Question
Just reading about non painful...
Just reading about non painful spasms between my ribs and navel. It doesn't hurt. They come and go and feel like fluttering. Sometimes it feels like a baby kicking gently early in pregnancy. Wondering if this is something I should be concerned about?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/31/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
The stomach and intestine are mainly located between ribs and the navel.
The spasms can be due to the colics from intestine.
If not painful, then likely not serious.
Also nausea, vomiting, constipation, or change in bowel movement should be watched out for.
Muscle spasms can be due to the electrolyte deficiencies sometimes.
Potassium, magnesium supplementation may help.
Also a probiotic daily will help.
High fiber diet will also be beneficial.
Please discuss with your doctor also.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Thank you!
very welcome
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)