Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had nerve weakness of hands and feet, diarea, weak…

Customer Question
I have had nerve weakness...
I have had nerve weakness of hands and feet, diarea, weak grip as well as tiredness and fatigue for a couple of months since my neighbor burned wood and probably chemical/ propllent a couple of months ago, though I am not sure what chemicals were burned it was a sweet odor. Is an environmental toxicologist the best specialist for this? What are the names of the types of medical doctor specialties handle this kind of matter? And what should might house be tested (what might be names of test and items to test for) for as in one smoke/chemical affected room whenever I enter it I feel within minutes weak grip and tiredness.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/31/2015
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
No. What is your medical specialty?
Hello, what is the expected wait time for a response?
I have been waiting for a response for twenty five minutes, when will I receive a response?
I've been playing with my 2 year old granddaughter....sorry about that.
You should consult a neurologist. They might do some blood tests, EMGs, nerve conduction studies etc.
If necessary a toxicologist can be consulted, depending on what is found.
It would be helpful if you could get an idea of what, exactly, you might have been exposed to....there are too many compounds in the world to test for them all.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS