Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had kidney stones since I was 17 I am now 33 and have…

Customer Question
I have had kidney stones...
I have had kidney stones since I was 17 I am now 33 and have had a total of 19 stones. I have seen several urologist without any answers. I had a scan which showed calcium build up and one scan showed a mild su bmucosal fat deposit in sigmoid colon with adjacent mesentric engirgement
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you might need a colonoscopy to look into the sigmoid colon to see what is there in the submucosal area looking like a fat deposit. you might need a biopsy of that area during the colonoscopy to show what is there.
at your age of 33 you most likely have not had a colonoscopy before.
you should get your stools checked for blood.
you should be drinking more water and fluids to help flush out your kidneys to hopefully prevent kidney stones
are you drinking enough water per day. you should be drinking more than 2 liters per day of water and fluids.