Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My cat bit me in 2 spot yesterday and where he bit my figure…

Customer Question
my cat bit me in...
my cat bit me in 2 spot yesterday and where he bit my figure it swelled and is blue looking and very painful. I have not had a tecnas shot in 30 years. and the last time my dog bit me playing it set up a staph infection. how do I take care of this wound.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you should get an up to date tetanous shot
you need to have yoru finger looked at by a doctor
you might need a course of antibiotics to prevent a repeat staph infection like you had before
you should wash the finger with warm water and antibacterial soap
and dress the wound with neosporin and clean dry gauze and bandage it
you should rest the ringer and elevate the hand and finger as well to decrease swelling
icing the finger and hand can also help decrease swelling.
you can go to the ER or urgent care center to see a doctor to look at it
they can also give you a course of antibiotics as well
let me know if you have questions.