Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Today I noticed what seemed to be a bone chip at the end of…

Customer Question
Today I noticed what seemed...
Today I noticed what seemed to be a bone chip at the end of my elbow. Not painful as I rubbed it a bit. Just seemed like a floating chip. 45 minutes later a hard bump about the size of a Cherry tomato. Iced it down and it reduced 30-40%. What's' up!
Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/29/2015
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
Most likely this is a bursitis.
It is a capsule that fills with fluid.
You need to go have your doctor examine this...and it might need drainage.
Using motrin in the interim is OK.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.