Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 47 yrs. old. I am having a situation that is getting so…

Customer Question
Hi!!! I am 47 yrs...
Hi!!! I am 47 yrs. old. I am having a situation that is getting so embarassing. What sickness is this that why am I having pee pee everytime I cough.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2015
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
It is called stress incontinence.
It is often due to muscle weakness in the pelvic floor.
However, to confirm that you should see a urologist.
Sometimes specific exercises and physical therapy can alleviate this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.