Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I'm a 32 yr old female I weigh approx 280lbs. I currently

Customer Question
Hi I'm a 32 yr...
Hi I'm a 32 yr old female I weigh approx 280lbs. I currently take 100mg of Zoloft in the morning. I just went to take a Tylenol and accidentally took my Zoloft instead. Should I be concerned? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
5/28/2015
Doctor: Dr. Robert, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I can understand your concern. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Zoloft contains sertraline which is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
The recommended dose of sertraline is 25-200 mg once daily.
The prescribed dosage for you was 100 mg & when you just went to take a Tylenol and accidentally you took Zoloft instead. It means in total you have took 200 mg of zoloft instead of 100 mg.
Symptoms that can occur from zoloft overdosage are: drowsiness,vomiting,increased heart rate,fainting,diziness.
If you develop any of these symptoms or any other symptom that cause great discomfort,then you need to go to ER.
Usually & most likely a single tablet of overdosage does not cause side effects.
So bot***** *****ne is that you just need to keep a watch over your symptoms.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor