How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46393
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner is 43 and loses his erection all the time.... And

Customer Question

My partner is 43 and loses his erection all the time.... And if I get on top it completely goes limp.. He also had trouble peeing it takes along time and sometimes starts and stops... He also acts like it hurts when he ejacqulates... This has been going on ever sense we started dating 2 years ago.. He went to the dr last week and they gave him Viagra and said it's just his age.. The Viagra didn't help any.. Where can we turn now...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

he needs to see a urologist and get more testing of his bladder and prostate

he could have an enlarged prostate gland or a prostate gland infection causing inflammation and problems urinating.

he should get a pelvic ultrasound or MRI scan to check his bladder and prostate and nerves which travel next to the prostate as well

he might benefit from doing kegel exercises to help improve his pelvic floor muscles.

he might benefit from a penile vacuum pump and elastic band at the base of his penis to help keep blood in his penis to help him keep his erections.

if his prostate gland is very enlarged, he might benefit from medications like Proscar or Avodart to help decreases his prostate gland size.

so he needs more testing by a urologist

has he seen a urologist yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the dr just said it's just age and didn't check anything except to see if he's diabetic and he's not. He lives in a very small town. Just didn't know how to get a dr to actually look for the cause instead of giving him 99 refills of Viagra.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
the only way to look for a cause is for him to see a urologist to get more testing

would you like me to help you find a urologist close to him?

I need your zip code to help him find a local urologist

he can also call up his health insurance company and see which urology group of doctors is closest and in network for him.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you. It's 43050

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Central Ohio Urology Group Inc
1330 Coshocton Rd Mt Vernon, OH 43050
(740)(###) ###-####br/>
they have many urology doctors who can help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using