Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I WILL KEEP THIS AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE BELIEVE ME!

Customer Question
AND THAT I NEED HELP...
I WILL KEEP THIS AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE BELIEVE ME! AND THAT I NEED HELP! I AM A GOOD GIRL, SMART GIRL, WITH GOALS, AND PASSION FOR MUSIC BUT CAN'T ENGAGE IN THESE ACTIVITIES ;( CAN'T NEVER WAS IN MY VOCABULARY BUT AT 26. I HAVE TO SAY I CAN'T. ESPECIALLY AFTER 6 AFTER SEEKING HELP TO ONLY HAVE MY VOICE TAKEN FROM ME ;( PLEASE HELP. READ BELOW.(RESTLESS, CAN'T CONCENTRATE, IMPULSIVE, STOMACH PAIN AND BRUSHING MY TEETH EVEN SEEMED HARD) - SYMPTOMS I WENT IN TO GET HELP FOR @ 20- CELEXA (SOME RELIEF I GUESS, INSOMNIA, NO APPETITE, LOST A TON OF WEIGHT, FELL OF TRACK WITH WORK/SCHOOL, AND STOPPED 6 WEEKS LATER WHEN I STARTED TO VOMIT AND FELT SUICIDAL.
- XANAX/KLONIPIN (PUT ME ON EDGE!) TEXTED BF 30 TEXTS AND HAD NO FILTER AND FELT ANGRY. 3 DIFFERENT DOCS DIDN'T BELIEVE ME. AFTER 3 PILLS. I STOPPED. (IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, YOU CAN'T HELP ME.. SO DON'T READ ANY FURTHER)(I DID NOT COMBINE THE TWO AND LIVED AT HOME)NO MEDICATION FOR OVER A YEAR. SYMPTOMS CONTINUED BUT I FELT BETTER THAN ON CELEXA. I WAS SCARED TO TRY AGAIN.(I MOVED IN WITH MY BOYFRIEND. FIRST GUY I LOVED)Zoloft 50mg (MOST RELIEF! THINGS I CONSTANTLY DOUBTED WENT AWAY) BUT AGAIN FELL OFF TRACK WITH WORK, COULDN'T FOCUS, OR FOCUS FOR SCHOOL (I TRIED SO HARD!) SO I STOPPED TAKING IT.Adderall 10mg (I THOUGHT I FOUND MY ANSWER! FIRST PILL I TOOK. I FELT RELAXED AND CALM FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT WAS LIKE GETTING IN A WARM TUB AFTER BEING SO COLD) LOL I STARTED DOING WELL AT WORK AND IT DIDN'T FEEL PAINFUL TO SIT AND WORK ANYMORE. BUT IT WAS INCONSISTENT. AND MY DOCTOR WAS NO HELP WITH DOSING OR PROPER GUIDANCE. HE WAS THE FIRST DOC THAT RESPECTED ME SO I STAYED WITH HIM. (AT TIMES IT WOULD GIVE ME INCREDIBLE ANXIETY AND SOMETIMES IT WOULDN'T) THROUGHOUT THE DAY. I WOULD FIND DOING CERTAIN THINGS OVER AND OVER UNTIL I THOUGHT IT WAS PERFECT. I WOULD THINK I WAS A BAD DAUGHTER TO MY DAD AND COULDN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND CRYING. ...CYMBALTA - I REALLY LIKE CYMBALTA! IT HELPED WITH A LOT OF PAIN I WAS HAVING. MY EYESIGHT! MY SLEEP. MY MEMORIES WERE COMING BACK. IT FELT MORE LIKE A PHYSICAL MED THAN MENTAL.ANY IDEAS? PLEASE HELP ;( I AM DEPRESSED NOW. BUT KNOW WHY. I CAN'T CONCENTRATE. I HAVEN'T WORKED IN A YEAR. AND SINCE I MOVED BACK WITH MY PARENTS A YEAR AGO... MY ANXIETY HAS GOT WORSE! I AM SURE I HAVE ADHD AND ANXIETY. AND I WAS A PERFECTIONIST GROWING UP. BUT I DON'T IF THAT'S OCD OR MEDS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS! ;(
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
5/27/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD
Hello --
Your history is complicated. My impression after reading your history is that you have suffered to varying degrees of
1) Depression
2)Anxiety
3) ADD
4)Side effects..
It sounds that for example that Adderall alone may have helped in some regard but may have increased anxiety into OCD type symptoms...
I would encourage you to hang in there.
I think that finding the best psychiatric professionals FOR YOU is key for one...
I think that would would most likely be both from a good medication regimen suited to YOU plus some counseling together with medicine...
The combination of counseling PLUS medicine is proven to be superior to either alone in certain disorders such as depression...
I think Straterra may be a helpful option for your ADD which more specifically stimulates the FRONTAL CORTEX where you do complex problem solving but LESS TROUBLE WITH ANXIETY AND OCD TYPE SIDE EFFECTS!!
Ritalin is option which like ADDERALL is GENERAL CNS stimulant but tends to have lower SIDE effect profile vs the Adderall( amphetamine group may make you feel more energetic but downside to this group is excess anxiety and OCD symptoms are common)
Cymbalta is a stimulating type antidepressant...
Wellbutrin is a stimulating type antidepressant ...
Lexapro and Zoloft are antidepressants that are standard SSRI types but are better I think for depression mixed with anxiety...
Benzodiazepines such as Klonapin or Xanax or Ativan are for anxiety...
I think that you probably need a well balanced combination of medications....
I am not saying that you need three but I suspect two may be needed for best effect..
Remember that with anything tried it is not written in Stone and if not good for you it may be stopped..
I advise a combination of a psychiatrist for medication and for overall supervision plus probably a psychologist or other qualified therapist to help with regular counseling
(Psychiatrists may do some counseling too but these MDs usually are not the ones that meet with you for an hour once a week.) I think once a week for a period would be helpful for you but not saying that you need that indefinitely...less needed with time I suspect ...
I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You And Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor