Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have doctored high count with

Customer Question

I have doctored for eosinophilia high count for 15years with prednisone is there any cure
go to 5mg today have been on 2.5
for 5 months. count today is 600
Thanks much Bonnie
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.Thank you for your question.I will be helping you out with your queries.You are most likely having hypereosinophilic syndrome.There is unfortunately no cure for this disorder.The good thing is that you are still responding to steroids at a pretty low dose.There is no known cause as to why this disorder happens and there is no definitive cure for this other than controlling the eosinophil counts with medications.You should continue a close follow up with your hematologist or the doctor who is treating you and keep monitoring your counts.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.Kind regards.