Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there an online Dr that will write or call or fax

Customer Question
prescription for azithromycin 1000 mg...
Is there an online Dr that will write or call or fax prescription for azithromycin 1000 mg for std
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/26/2015
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience.
There are online places that can help. Here is some information on where you can go to get your medications:
The only way to accomplishing this goal that I know of is to use a telemedicine service. By using this type of service, you will get a phone call from a doctor who has a license in the state in which you legally reside.
There are certain medications that cannot be prescribed via telemedicine. The most obvious are narcotics and psychotropics. The best sites that I know of to provide the possibility of obtaining prescriptions without a doctors’ visit is :
http://www.consultadr.com/
http://www.edrugstore.md/
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/
http://buydrug247.com/
drugstore.com
rxdirect.com
I wish I could help you but it is illegal for me, personally, to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.
If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.
It this doesn't work for you the next best thing you can do is try to get your regular doctor to understand your needs and give you the medicine you require. Another option, of course, would be to go to ER. However, I can understand how difficult this would be for you given your current situation.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS