How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29166
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 55 years young and wear a 36 DD cup. I am having real problem with sagging breast an

Customer Question

I am 55 years young and wear a 36 DD cup. I am having real problem with sagging breast and now recently experienced cramps in the upper abdomen below the breast bone . I wear a supportive bra but constantly have to to readjust the straps because of gravity of the breasts. I am 145 lbs., and 5 3" and look young. I am thinking some has to be done because the problem is only getting worse. I am contemplating a breast lift/breast reduction and hope that will resolve some of these issues but I need to know the best route for advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Sagging breast pulls your chest muscles, and also exerts extra pressure on your mid back spine or thoracic spine.
This in turn can cause stretching of the nerves supplying the under breast region.
Hence, your pain is contributed by these factors.
Other causes of the pain can be heart disease, and stomach problem gastritis or ulcer disease.
These problems shoudl be ruled out by your primary care doctor first at office.
If no heart or stomach problem, then you should see a cosmetic surgeon to discuss breast reduction and lift surgery which will benefit over long run.
You will also benefit from physical therapy of the back to help with the current problem meanwhile.
Medications like tramadol can be prescriebd by your doctor for pain if needed.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)