Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My doctor recently prescribed pot citrate 162MG to be taken

Customer Question

My doctor recently prescribed pot citrate 162MG to be taken twice a day. I have been taking this med since May 14, 2015. Yesterday I noticed that my feet felt as if they were asleep. Nothing unusual about that but as the day continued the numbness seemed to continue up my legs. The numbness stopped at my knees but the feeling continued until I fell asleep last night. this morning my feet are once again feeling numb. I looked up the side effects of this medication and the discomfort I am feeling seems to be one of them. If I stop taking this medication will the symptoms stop or is this a more serious problem that requires a visit to the emergency room?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question.
No you can stop it safely
You just have to let your doctor know
I would recommend you get your electrolytes checked as well to make sure everything is okay here. The pot citrate can sometimes cause problems