How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45937
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a ear ache and now have developed a piercing pain when

Customer Question

I have a ear ache and now have developed a piercing pain when I swallow. I've taken tyenol and pain level is getting worse...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
thank you for asking for me.
you could have a viral or bacterial inner ear infection
or your infection could have spread to your throat
you should see a doctor at the urgent care center to check your ears again and your throat.
sometimes fluid can get into your ears from the shower or swimming and cause an inner or external ear canal infection.
you don't want to let an ear or throat infection get worse.
you might need a throat swab and culture to check for strep throat possibly.
do see a doctor if your pain is getting worse
do yo have an ER or urgent care center where you can be seen right away?