How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had back surgery last year. I have 3 Herniated Disc In My

Customer Question

I had back surgery last year. I have 3 Herniated Disc In My Lower Back and spurs. The surgery did not help the pain I have. Now they want to do more surgery, they want to put rods and screws in my spine. They told me the recovery time would be at least 2 months with 24 hour care. There is no way We ( My husband and I ) can afford to get a nurse to help me. My husband said he could get off of work no longer then 2 weeks. All 2 Sisters have jobs and families of their own. All my friends work too. Dr. Orr said he would not give me any more pain pills. Can you please help me ? I talked to my family doctor and he is going to set me up with a new Neurologist and see what he can do for me. I will be running out of my pain pills in about 8 days. I am taking Hydrocodone 10/325 three times a day.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No we can not give you pain pills or a prescription, which would be a felony...
Is that what you are asking
Or is there another question?