Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Body temperature increase between 100-102.5 after 3-4 pm…

Customer Question
Body temperature increase between 100-102.5...
Body temperature increase between 100-102.5 after 3-4 pm everyday. At bedtime will sweat son much have to change the bed clothes and bedding sometimes 2-3 time nightly
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/22/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry you are having these hot flashes and sweats
you need to get your testosterone levels checked and thyroid hormone levels checked.
low testosterone levels can cause sweats and hot flashes
thyroid abnormalities can cause sweats and hot flashes
you should get blood testing to check for ESR and C reactive protein and ANA to check for autoimmune progress causing these symptoms.
you should get a CT scan of your chest abdomen and pelvis to check for enlarged lymph nodes which can be a sign of lymphoma inside of your body which can cause sweats and hot flashes in rare cases.
have you had your testosterone levels checked?
have you had any weight loss?