How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 31 year old very healthy man.. i have recently felt

Customer Question

I am a 31 year old very healthy man.. i have recently felt like i have been having sensations almost like a nervous feeling& tingling in the region of my heart and i feel as though i can feel my heart beating more than heart rate seems pretty normal but it is just a very odd sensation i am feeling... i have no dizziness nor shortness of breathe.. but the feeling has come and gone in the past 2 weeks and i am wondering if i should go to the er as today it feels more prevalent and consistent than normal
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Any sensation in the heart requires a baseline EKG.
This does not sound like a heart problem.
But you have to be safe and rule that out.
So, yes, go.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
At your age and with the symptoms that you are having i.e. tingling sensation in the chest around the region of your heart it would be EXTREMELY UNLIKELY for you to have this due to heart disease. Tingling sensation is not mentioned anywhere as a symptom of heart disease.Since you are having this from the past two weeks I would not have this checked up in the ER.You can book an appointment with your regular doctor and have this checked up.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.Kind regards