Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a heart attack on April 30th. I'm on blood thinners…

Customer Question
I had a heart attack...
I had a heart attack on April 30th. I'm on blood thinners twice a day and I take a baby aspirin. I developed a very small lump under my skin just above the ankle. I am worried that this is a small blood clot. Can you advise me if I should go to hospital room or not. Its 10:30 pm where I live
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/20/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This is not likely blood clot as it will not pop up like that.
This can be a hematoma or collection of blood from bleeding under the skin.
That is a side effect from the blood thinners.
Since you are on blood thinner, your risk of blood clot is very low.
Blood clot in the leg vein will cause swelling of the whole leg not just a lump.
So you can get this checked by your doctor tomorrow.
No urgency.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)
Thank you I'm done now
Very welcome
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.