Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is about lasik. But specifically about a website that…

Customer Question
This is about lasik....
This is about lasik. But specifically about a website that is selling 'do it yourself' lasik surgery.
I'm terrified. Is this for real? They are selling a laser that 'does what the doctor does'.
I would think that one wrong move with a laser could make you blind for life, but the one who posted it on a forum I'm on (a local one so I'm sure I could go talk to them personally) says it worked and they even used it on their dog. They have to be kidding!
But please tell me if this is a joke or for real. Here's the website.
http://www.lasikathome.com/
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
5/19/2015
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 3 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Read the following article. I have never heard it. It is a scam. http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/library/lasik-home-hoax.htm