Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a nodule in the upper right side of groin. I have had

Customer Question
an ultrasound which was inconclusive...
I have a nodule in the upper right side of groin. I have had an ultrasound which was inconclusive yesterday i had a ct scan It takes awhile to get the results. I have it about a month It is hurting at times especially when I do things like raking leaves etc. I am afraid it might be cancerous
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
5/16/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
One nodule does not suggest cancer.
Cancer would have caused lot of nodules by now.
Also pain during raking suggests muscle strain related problem.
Yes the nodule is likely a swollen lymph node.
But that is very common in groin from viral infection or from friction.
I will not worry about cancer since you do not have any significant weight loss, or any other symptoms except for pain.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist