How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18462
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im looking pain medication lower back condition

Customer Question

Im looking for some pain medication for a lower back condition that I've had ex rayed and lower spine is out of wack and makes bending over and picking thing up very difficult...even getting in and out of the car is a struggle...I have a very physically demanding job ,and have taken things like oxytocin and Norco in the past for post surgery recovery and injuries...,they always work very well...where would be the best practice or Dr. To obtained a prescription for these types of drugs...I know just mentioning them sends up a dozen red flags and I don't want to go on a wild goose chase. ..just want order be able to function better...I'm 9n the level...I workout every day, don't drink or smoke, and no criminal records...just a guy who wants to keep his pain in check...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...thank you.Keith
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I can do some research for practices near you.
Where are you located?
I realize that you entered personal information to register for the site, but the experts do not have access to the personal information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in manassas ,va
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Very good.
Let me do some research and I will respond again once completed.
There is no need to respond to this message, even though it is labeled as an information request.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just fyi, im 6'3 and 220lbs and run 3 miles a day....I'm not exactly sure what doses are availible but it usually takes the higher levels of whatever medications I have taken...I don't know if the same applies for pain meds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And thank you!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
OK, but that is not a factor that is necessary to research a practice near you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
I will post again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Please be patient. When you post a response, the system forces me to also reply and distracts me from the research.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience.
The usual specialist that would be considered for prescription of opiates for chronic back problems is a Pain Management specialist.
I could not find a Pain Management specialist in Manassas. The closest practice with a physician board certified in Pain Management is Dr. Rashid Khan, in Woodbridge, VA,
There also are Dr. Stephanie Clop, in Centreville, VA, and Dr. Theresa Carlini, in Lorton, VA, who are Physiatrists, and these doctors also are able to manage chronic back pain.