Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 62 year old male who takes .5 weekly of cypionate 200mg/ml

Customer Question

I am 62 year old male who takes .5 weekly of cypionate 200mg/ml 10ml injections in the hip. My doctor says as long as I take arimidex to keep my estrogen down that the testosterone injections should not be harmfull. I have noticed more energy and sex drive however I get aggravated with people easy now and have to watch myself. My bloodwork comes back normal every 6 months. Any thoughts? I am now hearing studies about increased risk of heart attack or stroke with these testosterone supplements
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
You heard that right.
Testosterone injection at your age is not consiered safe.
The risk of atherosclerosis increases clogging the arteries to the heart and brain over time.
Hence, testosterone should be used in lowest possible dose and for short period of time if possible.
Since ou blood levels come back normal, you are at risk for experiencing side effects.
Yes arimidex does prevent conversio of testosterone to estrogen in the body and hence increases the efficacy of theinjections.
At the same time, the side effects risk also increases.
So you should consider these point before deciding to contiue with testosterone long term.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)