How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29250
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im having some upper back pain and chest pain that feels

Customer Question

Im having some upper back pain and chest pain that feels like gas. It feels like moving gas bubbles. I burped a couple of times but the discomfort is still there. Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Gas problem can cause this type of pain commonly.
Indigestion and acid reflux can be the problem.
What is your age?
Other posibilities include heart problem or lung problem.
But without cough, shortness of breath, these are unlikely.
Blood clot in lungs is another possibility but also unlikely without shortness of breath worsening over time.
Over the counter GasX ( simethicone) and an antacid like Maalox liquid will help.
Aloe vera juice is good.
How old are you?
Do you have any other medical conditions?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)